Check out this article on Posture from Health.com. The article shares some good tips on finding and maintaining proper alignment of the spine enabling you to “Stand Tall”, having good posture. Some of the tips, like sitting properly, can be easy to incorporate into your daily routine– Just the type of Functional Fitness we need! Click here to see the article: 10 Ways to Have Great Posture as You Age – Health.com.
Faith Focus: As you are seeking proper alignment in order to “Stand Tall” with good posture in your physical life, here are 10 Scriptures to encourage you to “Stand Tall” in your faith. You may not think that small, daily acts of “good posture” or “standing up” for your faith make that much of a difference, but that cannot be further from the truth. According to articles in USAtoday and other national news sources, 80% of retailers are putting “Christmas” back into their retail advertising and marketing campaigns after the American Family Association called its members to boycott the stores with non-Christmas specific advertising etc. (Note: A few years ago, 80% were using the generic “Holiday” slogan.) Standing up, standing tall, and standing firm, does not have to be a major “exercise” of our faith, but mere functional decisions we make every day. Just like our physical posture, this will require a strong core, focus on and awareness of (God’s Word) and proper alignment (to God’s Will.) May these scriptures support you as you seek a faith that is functional and useful for helping you stand tall for God in all that you do this Christmas Season.
1. “Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise.” Nehemiah 9:5
3. “He said to me, “Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you.” Ezekial 2:1
4. If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all. Isaiah 7:9
5. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
6. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. James 5:8
7. Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit,striving together as one for the faith of the gospel. Philipians 1:27
8. then, free of fault, you will lift up your face; you will stand firm and without fear. Job 11:15
9. My feet stand on level ground; in the great congregation I will praise the LORD. Psalm 26:12
10. But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. Acts 26:22